It’s Okay It’s Love(2014)
This drama is tragically and beautifully written. We rarely see the deglamorized reality of Mental Illness and the stigmas that come with it. I would highly suggest this drama to everyone! You don’t even have to be a drama fan to appreciate this amazingly well written story.
In some east Asian countries, mental illness carries even more of a stigma then it does in the UK and the US, which makes this film so much more important.
Ok I cried this drama needs so much more attention
- The two male leads both suffer from mental illnesses
- The male lead has very severe schizophrenia
- He also has PTSD and can only sleep in his bathtub
- His friend (the second male) has Tourette’s which is consistently portrayed
- They DO NOT HOLD BACK on the ableist statements and remarks posed to the characters at all
- Nearing the end of the drama the male lead completely loses his grasp on reality with a severe relapse
- Neither character gets miraculously 100% cured (both are indicated to still take medication)
- They make peace with their illnesses and it’s a happy ending
The drama’s writers were also recently given a plaque for their efforts in raising awareness for this, and it breaks the stereotype of the conventional ‘perfect family’ K-drama. Seriously, go watch this.
(Source: kaware, via fuckyeahloldemort)
- Platonic reassuring shoulder/arm/hand grabbing
- Platonic tight, meaningful hugs
- Platonic late-night deep conversations that end in at least one person holding back tears or sobbing
- Platonic sleeping in the same bed
- Platonic forehead touches
- Platonic staring into each other’s eyes like the other person is the world
SUPER CLOSE PLATONIC RELATIONSHIPS
Máster Diseño Gráfico 2012-13. Proyecto personal de Sara Maese incluido en la Entrega Final de Máster: serie de carteles Studio Ghibli-Hayao Miyazaki (1984-2008). Incluye:
- Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984).
- Laputa: Castle in the Sky (1986).
- My Neighbor Totoro (1988).
- Kiki´s Delivery Service (1989).
- Porco Rosso (1992).
- Princess Mononoke (1997).
- Spirited Away (2001).
- Howl´s Moving Castle (2004).
- Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea (2008).
My therapist asked me to create something “motivating” so I made these.
I really love these, and I reblog them every single time. Some of you don’t realize how easy it’s to forget to do some of those stuff or how hard they can be some days.
now i feel like ive actually accomplished something today thank u ily